Second AENEAS Training Workshop: Walking and Traffic Safety in an Ageing Society
The first day's plenary session was followed by a day of interactive workshop.
>> More photos
The interest in the AENEAS training workshops is growing! In Donostia-San Sebastián we welcomed 47 participants to this second training workshop organised on the 28th and 29th of October 2009. The workshop started with expert presentations on the implications of ageing for walking and public space. In continuation, the participants exchanged experiences on the implementation of local mobility projects for older people. On the second day, groups of participants walked themselves in the city of San Sebastián and made an inventory of perceived barriers for older pedestrians. All participants returned safely to the venue where small groups discussed and presented solutions to the observed barriers.
The AENEAS training workshops are open to all interested individuals and organisations from Europe and are free of charge. The programme of the third AENEAS training workshop on the 4th and 5th of March 2010 in Munich, is organised around the theme: Marketing for multimodal mobility in an ageing society.
All the training materials from the San Sebastián workshop are now available for you to download:
- Training report, with workshop conclusions and background information (80 pages, 2.4-MByte, PDF)
- Workshop presentations
- Matthias Fiedler; The AENEAS project (17-pages, 1.8-MByte, PDF)
- Gerardo Zamora; What does ageing mean for walking and traffic safety (20-pages, 592-KByte, PDF)
- Marc Stemerding; Past and future trends in walking and traffic safety, lessons from the Sentrip research project (16-pages, 636-KByte, PDF)
- Catharine Ward Thompson; Older people’s pedestrian needs: Inclusive design for getting outdoors (34-pages, 1.5-MByte, PDF)
- Dorthe Gyldenlund Råby; A city centre accessible for older people: combining physical interventions and awareness raising (13-pages, 1.8-MByte, PDF)
- Angelika Gasteiner; The link between walking and public transport (13-pages, 804-KByte, PDF)
- Gerardo Lertxundi; Introduction to the transport policy of the city of Donostia-San Sebastián (41-pages, 1.4-MByte, PDF)
- Lies Lambert; Awareness raising among older people about walking; experiences from the Message project (17-pages, 904-KByte, PDF)
- Alfonso Sanz; Interventions to increase traffic safety, overview of local policies (58-pages, 2.4-MByte, PDF)
- Thomas Niebauer; Trends with older people and accidents and training of older people on road safety (15-pages, 2.2-MByte, PDF)